1. Black is not the best colour for big girl. Black coloured pants, dresses, skirts, and other plus size clothing is not necessarily the most slimming or figure flattering on woman's body. An appealing outfit is as much about proportion, tailoring and overall style as it is about color. You should try something in colour that make you cheerier and younger. Choose flattering colours and pair them with black.
2. If you like prints, large bold patterns is better than small ones which emphasise your big size. If you are tall, you call pull off a larger print. If you are petite, stick to smaller prints to avoid overwhelming your outfit with pattern.
The vertical lines stripes is better than horizontal lines stripes because vertical lines give you slimness. Remember, in choosing clothes think vertical, not horizontal! Bold buttons down the front of a jacket, a long necklace, and vertical stripes are all ways of "Thinking vertical". These tricks draw the eye up and down, not side to side.
3. Blouses should not gape at the buttons. Don't worry your size, choose your clothes that fit and you will look good. Wearing clothes that are too tight makes you look larger, not smaller.
4. Avoid too-clingy fabrics ( like spandex!!).Clingy, heavy fabrics are out--they stick to the hips ungracefully instead of flowing the way clothes should. Wearing billowy tent-like pieces gives the illusion of a larger, heavier build. Choose fabrics that gently skim the body and that are neither too tight nor too loose. Clothes that show every fold of you body are not flattering.
5. Full figured bra is essential to big girl. Get a good-fitting bra that doesn't cut into the flesh in your back or your shoulders. Too small bras cause unsightly indents and bumps. All of these issues can be solved by purchasing the correct size plus size bra. Get measured for the proper bra size every 6-12 months, as weight can fluctuate, making last year's bras less than helpful.
6. Don't buy plus size clothes that are too tight or wrong size. Concern yourself about how the clothes fit and flatter your figure and less about size.
7. Big girls who have big boobs should avoid low-cut camisoles, sheer blouses and ultra-tight jackets which give you looking vulgar. Halternecks are flattering unless your boobs aren't spilling out the front.
8. Plus size petites should avoid tops, jackets and sweaters that go below the hip. Tops that go below the hip level on a petite figure will start to shorten the look of your legs even more. A top or jacket that shops just at the hip bone will elongate your shorter legs to their longest potential.
9. For bustiers or corsets, you should not choose too-short ones and the stretchy fitted tubes. Instead, try a-line styles that fit around the bust and flare out to hide your tummy.
10. 3/4-length sleeves and slightly fitting styles shirts is better for big girl. If you have hourglass figure. you can emphasise this area with a fashionable belt.
11. Woman accessories can make or break the perfect, stylish outfit. Simple clothes can be cheered up with bold women's accessory. However be careful about not overdoing it. Each cloth should have one accessory focus.
12. Pants should not wrinkle tightly across the back of the leg. Straight-cut, flatfront and pocket-less styles. The waistbad shouldn't be too tight, to avoid "muffin top". Avoid tapered pants and jeans, they don't look good on any woman, plus-sized or thin. A plus size figure, or any figure for that matter, is not complimented by the ice cream cone shape of a tapered leg pant.
13. Low-rise clothing is well over and make your whole jelly-belly sticking out above the waistband which is not pretty.
14. The skirt should end past your knees and should fit around the derriere so it doesn't look "tent skirt". Skirts should hang without tugging or hugging the underside of the bottom.
15. Avoid skimpy, tight, flouncy or mini dresses which is not suitable for big girl. Instead, elegant wrap dresses and A-line cuts give you walk easily and hide you hip.
16. Avoid shapeless plus size clothing styles. Shapeless clothing hides all of your body good and bad. Choose clothing styles that accentuate those area of your body you love and look good. And hide the ones you don't like. For example, if your shoulder is nice, wear a halter-top or dress. If you feel that your arms are a problem area, you should avoid clothes with bubble sleeves. If you have short neck, choose lower V-necklines which elongates your neck visually. Avoid frilly collar, turtlenecks and shirt collars that are too high. These make you look like your head rests directly on your shoulders.